- The Wild Canids–India Project (WCIP) was conceived and designed by a core team of five members. The WCIP team will be curating, cleaning, organizing and validating the data.
- The WCIP team members are working on this project on a pro-bono basis, with no organizational or financial support. The team may therefore additionally recruit volunteers for assistance in handling and managing the database.
- Decisions on data use and sharing will be made at the discretion of the WCIP team members. The project was designed with specific ideas for analysis and publications, and platforms for sharing knowledge.
- The data submitted to WCIP will be owned by WCIP team members. However the ownership and copyrights of other material (photographs, video clips, etc.) submitted to WCIP will remain solely with the respondents.
- The WCIP team will make some/all of the data available to interested people/groups based on specific reasonable requests, so long as the proposed work does not conflict with tasks outlined by and for WCIP. This data will be available after an embargo period of 1 year following completion of the survey.